5.23.2012

Max Pett @ München (Part I)

Ya... This is part one in München. I enjoyed my dessertsssssssss in Tushita tea house after I had my lunch in Max Pett. Max Pett is a proper vegan restaurant. It's 10 minutes walk from München main train station. It situated at a side street, so the out door seats are quiet and nice.


When I arrived it was still serving a buffet breakfast. It's 10.5euro (as I could remember) all-you-can eat.

As mentioned it was hot and sunny. The thing I wanted most after the 10-minute walk from main station was something fresh. I ordered the spring salad from the special menu.

When the salad came to my table, I had to say it pretty!! "Pretty" is not a phrase for food but it really did look good! Look at the nice daisy~
The golden balls are tempeh. Besides the greens there were avocado and a sweet-and-sour dip (Thai sauce).



Another order on the table was this main course, from the weekly menu 23-29th April. It's grilled veggie in orange sauce. I would like to highlight the potato wedge, which is just-well-and-evenly-baked! Not too old nor too raw, and unlike some which are partly cooked and partly raw.




The little drawback for this restaurant was the waitress messed up with our order. We was ordering a pasta main course but it came up with this potato dish (anyway it's good). We ordered one juice and it came up with three and forgot the ice chocolate beverage. May be it's due to the language thing... My Deutsch is pretty basic, just enough to understand the menu but need to place my order in English. I guess next time stated clearly my order will help.

Last but not least, the dessert! Ya, I had dessert already before I visit Tushita. Wonder why I gained 3kg after the trip =p It's ICE-CREAM!! Do you know how much I miss ICE-CREAM! Soy milk and soya burger fillets are easily found around my neighbourhood, but no soy ice-cream ='[

In Max Pett there were a few kinds of ice-cream and they even had "banana boat". Banana boat is something full in my childhood's memory. An ice-cream bowl with 3 cones and a whole banana =] But that day I had no one willing to share ice-cream with me, therefore I ordered a single scroop. Besides vanilla/ chocolate these kind of common flavour, they had Nougat ice-cream. It came with a waffle biscuit!

Being a vegan is not easy, but not as difficult as imagined. It's really thankful that nowadays there are so many nice plant-based food like all those I had in the trip.

Always be thankful for what we can eat and we can eat =]

Continue in Wien......

No comments: