5.28.2012

Köstlich @ Wien

There was not much time to look for a veggie place in Wien. Asian fast food is quite common in the city centre, and most of them provide veggie options. On the 2nd day I walked away on my own for a veggie lunch. The 1st place I visited was Treff cafe. It is a small cafe with only the daily special (as I could read from the menu standing outside). It's something vegetarian with cheese. I didn't feel like having its daily special, and decided to move on to another side of the town. When I arrived another veggie restaurant Bio Bar von antun, it was not open. I was quite hungry by that time......

Luckily there was another veggie cafe at the back of Bio Bar von antun. It's Köstlich Reformhaus.





It was 1 o'clock and the house was full of customers. They served one vegetarian and one vegan soup/ main course/ dessert everyday. They served it like a fast food chain, which the food was prepared, we order and pay and take the food at the counter all at once. I ordered the vegan option in normal size, which was a mixed veggie in tomato sauce and soy feta cheese! There were aubergine, zucchini, potato, etc. It came with 2 scoops of jasmine rice (ya they used an ice-cream scoop to measure the proportion of rice). The amount of rice was too little for me ><" Luckily, the organic brown bread was all-you-can-eat. I was filled up properly with an extra 2 slices of bread. I liked the bread, it tasted nature and soft.


The vegan dessert was sold out ><" Since the house was so crowded, I left soon after the meal was finished...

Continue in Praha......

No comments: