5.13.2012

Tushita @ München (Part II)

The best vegan cake I tried ever in Tushita Teehaus!!!

I tried 5 pieces of cake/ tarte/ roll in total! Not in one tea though, I ate 3 inside and took away another 2 for breakfast next morning. I could barely tell those were vegan cakes. They're thick and rich, so yummmmy and unforgetable.

The first one I ordered was apple crumble. I was craving for one for quite a while (and home-baking was not successful yet) The crumbles are really crispy, the tart is well baked. It's luscious! The thing I loved most was the apple with skin on top. The only drawback was its small size... or I just loved it too much =p

The special drink was grapefruit lemo. What a perfect match with the apple crumble! It's light and cold, with freshness from grapefruit and a well-balance between sweet and sour. Suits a hot and sunny day.

The tea house is decorated in Japanese style, with traditional East Asian teapot, etc. Pleasing and claiming.

Okay, go back to the cakessss.
Another one I would recommend is the black sesame cake. The cake itself was a normal thick sponge cake. The part needed to be highlighted was the black sesame jam on top. It's full of sesame amour, creamy and with layered texture of sesame seeds.


(The fresh orange juice at the back was my mum's order)
(Actually this sesame cake was her choice as well but I ended up finishing it)


The third one came this veggie roll. The filling was good, with mixed veggie and firm tofu.

The thing made it an average was the pastry. The layering of the pastry was not sharp and crispy enough. Also, I ate it at room temperature, may be it's better when it's warm?
So far I haven't had any really impressive vegan roll, may be someone can suggest me one ;]

Then, I was full finally......
So I took away two more as breakfast next morning.


This ginger cake is similar to the sesame cake. It had a pleasant and delight smell of ginger. The topping was icing sugar instead of sesame jam. It's not spicy even though the ginger flavour was outstanding, but managed to keep the ginger stimulation to my tongue. Definitely go for it if you're a ginger lover.


The last one was the Gouqi cake. I chose it because of the gouqi. What is gouqi? I checked Wikipedia, it has an English name as "wolfberry". It's something my mum use often in cooking and herb tea, and sometimes steams rice with some. It's good for eyes and kidney, and a common Chinese medicine ingredient.

It's the first time I tried it on a dessert! The filling was similar to cheese cake, with a thin jelly-like topping and a few whole wolfberries. Again, the pastry was crispy. The tart was a bit citrious. May be because it stayed overnight outside fridge? It's difficult to decide it's good or not...

Continue in München......

No comments: