5.06.2012

Culux/ Edekiosk @ Frankfurt

Just back from a 10-day trip around mid-Europe!! Beautiful scenic and of course great veggie food!

How can we survive in Germany without sausage!? Good new for all vegetarians and vegans, we can find veggie sausage in Culux. Both vegetarian and VEGAN!! Culux is a sausage restaurant. They are serving around 10 different kind of sausages with a variety of sauce. I tried the vegan sausage with typical curry sauce. There are 5 degree of spiciness and I picked the 2nd most spicy.

The curry sauce really impressed me. It's SUPERRRR spicy (which I enjoy)! Look all the spicy on the sausage! <<
The vegan sausage was made with tofu skin. I guessed the chef rolled the tofu skin tightly to make the sausage.  Tofu skin is something I really miss from home ><" It's  uncommon in a western cuisine even in veggie places.

The sausage can be served in a meal with fries and salad. I ordered it with salad only because I need to reserve some space for my dessert......

Edekiosk is a vegan bakery/ cafe. It's quite new. A few kinds of cakes and beverage are served everyday. The day I visited they had vanilla and chocolate cupcake, coconut mandarin cake and chocolate banana cake.


I felt like something creammmmy therefore I picked the chocolate banana cake, with a cup of soja-cappuccino =] The cake tasted very homemade. The sweetness was just right. The chocolate cream is creamy but can be a bit thicker. And it had fresh banana slice in between =]



I took away a piece of coconut mandarin cake as breakfast for next morning. After a night in the fridge it still taste good! Personally, I perfer the coconut mandarin cake. Coconut an mandarin gave a shocking match on my tongue and the pastry was crispy. 

The only thing not good about this cafe was the theme colour. Blue usually doesn't make people feel too much appetite... But the sofa were comfortable and they provides a few readings and magazines about vegan cooking.
Continue in München......

No comments: