3.03.2012

Random and surprising veggie day

Today was a "random" day - like my friend said I did what ever pops up in my mind =p Today the idea was revisiting EXKi Cafe! I had my first trial a few weeks ago and since then I couldn't forget its nice atmosphere and wide choice of veggie food! It was so unforgettable that I don't mind if it took me 3 hours to go to the nearest one! Besides eating it was shopping time! My town is so residential that there's only one street with small shops. (Luckily with a few supermarkets which I shop most often) I was really looking forward to shopping!

I got a grilled veggie sandwich as morning tea from EXKi. During lunch time I was looking for a bagel store I saw last time, then I found something else - LOMBARDIA!!! At first sight I couldn't tell it's a cafe except by the "Pompoen Soep" stand next to its door. It's super colourful! The menu is so colourful that it kind of "merged" with the graffiti outfit of the cafe O.O There were plenty veggie options (around half on the menu!!) and some are vegan as well! And organic =]

The "banaan vegan melkshake" attracts me to give a try.

With a nice balance between banana, milk and vanilla, it was smoother and thicker than I thought! I wonder what kind of milk they use (forgot to ask), I guess soya~  They also have vegan coffee (4 options!!) and ice-cream. Next time I will try the ice-cream... Vegan ice-cream takes some effort to make at home
.\ /.

For the main entrée I picked sandwich Tofu Totall. The bread is whole-wheat and organic, they looked like a big mouth and the salad between were exploding from it XDD It's tall - I guess almost 20cm!? Between them are tomato sauce beneath the top slide and spicy onion sauce on the bottom slide, lots of lettuce, carrot and sprout and tofu! Here comes the gimmick: what is the dark thing??


It's actually black sesame crackers =]

Black sesame is one of the top three seeds/ nuts I like most! The cafe also sells the crackers (black or white sesame) in packets and I brought one home. Go there and check for other take-away bio snacks~

The interior design has its own style @@ Full of photos, graffiti and news press. I sit at the corner with all the new cuts. Gember Thee (ginder tea) is the selling product and it was introduced in many newspaper before, unfortunately I had no more space to try ;| Next time!

Oh, almost forget the salad. A huge amount! I saw the plate on the next table and it was as big as HALF of the table O.O Very likely to be full from the salad if I ordered one. Try also next time...... By the way, lombardia is very popular during lunch time (around 12-13.30). Very crowd and almost full... Go after for some quiet moments.

I finished the day with EXKi Loiret salad (legumes, beans, lettuce, red pepper, onion, etc) and fresh fruit mix (orange, mixed grapes) at home^^


It was a big chill out... Sometimes we need a breakthrough and perhaps doing something random can help ;]


No comments: