5.16.2013

Best spaghetti @ Venezia, Italy

I was so lucky to tried some really good representation of the typical Italian food in the two-week journey. First was the pizza in Rome, then came the risotto in Siena, and at last the spaghetti in Venice.

We reached that restaurant by coincidence. We jumped off the water bus a few stops earlier, then we followed other passages to walk into the maze like city. After a few turns we saw this restaurant. My friend was really craving for the squid spaghetti (Not veggie!) and we asked the chef if they had it. It was still early and there were no other customers.

Sometimes we need to rely on our intuition to seek for good food. We succeed most of the time in the trip and this had no exception! The spaghetti was the best for 3 main reasons: 1. It's al dente. 2. Every single spaghetti on the plate were having the same tenderness and chewiness. 3. Ingredients as simple as spaghetti (and spices) only!! The last reason is always one of my measurement of the food. The simplier the dish, the more difficult to make it impressive.


It's just basic spaghetti with garlic and basil. Unlike what happened quite often with a plate of normal quality spaghetti, not even one spaghetti of this one was softer or harder than the rest on the plate. There was no sudden and abrasive sand/ rock-like texture pumped up when I was enjoying the whole plate. And no two spaghetti stuck together. Of course the spices were just enough to taste didn't make me drank bottles of water afterwards.


I also ordered another veggie dish - butter bean! I like butter bean a lot because of its creamy taste.

Unfortunately, I could not find the name of the restaurant. I still wanna recommend to it even I don't have the name. Here is the front door of the restaurant. It's own by a couple.

No comments: